As of 18th September 2020, QML Holdings acquired Cavendish Nuclear Manufacturing Limited (CNML). Based in Chester, CNML is now renamed back to its former name of Deva Manufacturing Limited. The newly acquired company joins alongside specialist engineering firms – QFS Technologies, Hockley Pattern & Tool Ltd, 5th Dimension Composites and Quantum Manufacturing Limited. This new leg of the wider QML Holdings group will offer a total solutions service, drawing upon the wider group’s engineering expertise and building partnerships with their clients.
Widely regarded as the industry leading manufacturer of steel containments, Deva ML has over 46,000 sq.ft of fabrication and manufacturing floor space in which they principally manufacture high integrity stainless steel components and containers for the nuclear industry. In addition, the facility is used for the testing, development and initial commissioning of bespoke equipment.
Key facts Deva ML:
- Experience in machining and the fabrication of a wide range of products and steels.
- Dedicated stainless steel workshop providing products to the nuclear industry
- Nearly 30 years’ experience in manufacturing stainless steel drums, boxes and stillages
- Welding in TIG, MIG, Plasma, MAG robotic welding, manual, multi-function and semi-automatic
- Welders and weld qualifications on 316L, 304L
- Large scale machining capability
Key Products Deva ML:
- Manufacture of 350 off high integrity nuclear fuel transport containers
- Over 70,000 high integrity stainless steel products for the nuclear industry
- 4m complex assembly of stainless and carbon steels
- Compact Stillage fabrication for 500 Litre Nuclear Waste Container handling, transport & storage
- 13 variants of 500 Litre Drum
- High integrity stainless steel containers
- TRU-Shield lead lined containers
- 3 metre cubed drums and boxes
- Vacuum vessel and pipe spooling
- Nuclear handling and maintenance equipment
A new management team, with over 30 years track record within the nuclear industry, has already been appointed and their expertise will bring increasing agility and breadth of experience, allowing Deva ML to support more complex projects within a wider range of industries. Deva ML can offer an all-round solution to its clients from concept to commissioning.Carl Roberts, QML Holdings CEO explained “As the group continues to strengthen and grow its capabilities, this new North West specialist engineering facility will now form part of a wider offering to the groups major OEM customers within the Aerospace, Automotive, Rail and Defence Industries.By adding this niche capability within the nuclear arena, we have diversified and widened the scope of supply on offer from QML. What we are extremely happy to see is that the DevaML customer base already engages through long term working relationships, which we are keen to strengthen from day one, as this is the core ethos of the group – to offer long term stability of supply for its niche products by working in partnership with its customer”.QML Holdings now boasts of over 125,000 sq/ft of specialist engineering capability within the UK. It supports all key OEM’s within the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Rail and Nuclear Industries and deliveries to the global markets.